Don't forget to press F11 while viewing ;)

10 October 2008

Don't look down

I'm scared of heights. I'm terrified of heights. If you are even slightly responsible for me being less than five feet away from the edge of a roof, I will launch a personal vendetta against you and pursue it with feverish fervor. Well maybe not but you get the idea :) Its what my nightmares are made of. Even as I'm writing this i can conjure up images of me being stuck atop buildings of structurally impossible heights, and me having to traverse super-thin ledges and the likes. I've been having these nightmares for so long I'm finding it difficult distinguishing them from real life memories. Last summer I discovered that I inherited this particular phobia from my mother's side of the family. Some might suggest therapy but me, I think it keeps me safe from all those ledges and edges so I think I'll keep it thank you.

5 comments:

Van said...

Hey there's something of a rhyme to this post if you read it real fast :)
Anyway I hope this clears up the cobwebs a bit

Calliopia said...

Yay, a new serving of coffee and choc bisks :) I'm not that keen on heights myself but probably not as much as you. The Who Dares Wins episodes where people had to walk across dizzying bridges in space must've given you the heebie jeebies :D Btw, didn't know you could actually inherit these phobias and fears. Hmmm wonder who I inherited my phobia of caterpillars from...

Van said...

Yeah, served on a brand new template :) And I'm not sure if you can inherit phobias - I just assumed

Calliopia said...

And a very nice template it is too. You know, I don't think scientists have found out everything about genetics so it wouldn't surprise me if our phobias are hardwired deep down somewhere in our genetics.

DayDreamBeliever said...

Hey I'm glad to read this post because, with all this jetting around the world in airplanes, I was sorta getting to feel that nobody had that particular phobia anymore - except for hicks like us. I don't think I know anybody in my family who has this phobia, so I'm not really qualified to say I've inherited it. Btw, am gonna link u, if u don't mind. Makes my life easier :)