Don't forget to press F11 while viewing ;)

07 December 2010

Growing old or growing up?

This was supposed to be a comment on someone else's blog, on a post about about getting older. But it's one of those things that I'd probably want to read again in a few years. And I kind of like it when no one seems to read my posts anymore; I can write like no one's reading. It's a little against my principle of not redacting anything I've posted but that's a topic for another post. Anyway here it goes:

It's after-churchsies in a new city. I thought I was still young enough to hang with the college kids with the crazy hairdos. I wasn't. Then I assumed I belonged to the working professionals group with the tucked-in shirts. I didn't. I went home alone realizing I was growing older but not growing up as fast. (This reminds me of a joke about how growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional)

3 comments:

Mizohican said...

Well, I am reading it :)

Frankly speaking, I don't wanna grow up ever, even if I am growing old. Many people tell me to act my age now, but I prefer to be young forever, at least in the heart and mind.

And that's why I like living in Mumbai, B'lore, Delhi etc. I have a lot of "oldies" friends and we all act like we're still 19 and don't care. But back in Mizoram, everybody would be judging me and commenting about me, bitching, gossiping etc if I don't act my age....

Van said...

Well then you'd better act your age in Mizoram haha. I wish I could say I read your blog but your posts are triple scoop sundaes with extra chocolate when all I really want is a fifteen rupee butterscotch cup. From Amul. Amul ice-creams have a certain milky goodness

kc said...

I'm a visitor so I'll make it quick :) I'm 22 and frankly I don't look my age, so I get a lot of people asking me which class I am in school! Ouch!

What I'm trying to say is, age isn't a big deal, people shouldn't judge by how others look.